Monday, January 5, 2009

procrastination station

hello! right this minute, I am supposed to be working frantically on two things, both of which are due friday and in total will require me to produce about 3000 words. I can convince myself that this is a much more productive procrastination tool than facebook spying, because I'm A)writing something, B)getting potentially distracting thoughts out of my head so i can *really* focus. and, i'm at busboys and poets, and just got a call from Annie that she will be here in anywhere from 15-30 minutes, so how much work can I really get done from here out?

so maybe some rough resolutions (the first time I think about them will be appr. 10 seconds from now, so, well... take them with that in mind)
1. start putting lemon in my tea in the mornings instead of milk. im drinking tea with lemon and honey right now, and its delicious and feels healthy and cleansing. This is easy (must remember to buy lemons on the way home) and beneficial.
2. yoga with sincerity at least 3xweek
3. eat more. i'm pretty good about fruits/vegs/protein. so, maybe, i need carb-y things? rice, bread, mac and cheese...
4. drop my skirt off at the dry cleaners (this may seem like an "errand" to most people, but i've been putting it off for 4 months.)
5. answer my phone when it rings unless I'm truly unavailable. (i'm getting better at this now that I live in a home with multiple rooms for chatting, but still much room for improvement).
6. acknowledge that my being in a bad mood as a result of not taking care of myself properly has a negative effect on my outlook and opinion of the outside world -- so take care of myself! and then I can be filled with generousity of spirit.
7. start mending clothes instead of buying new clothes (got to go buy a needle).

annie's here!

No comments: